With the 2017 tax season nearly in the books, it's time to start thinking about 2018...and what you will be doing the rest of this year to make the most of it.
Here are several tax benefits to take advantage of before years end:
1. Maximize retirement plan contributions
2. Adjust your withholding
3. Protect your identity
4. Declutter and gain a tax break with donations
5. Cash in on scholarly tax breaks
6. Get health coverage in order
7. Know the rules about foreign accounts
Whatever else you do...keep copies of filed tax returns. It saves so much trouble in the event you do happen to need it.